Sunday, July 30, 2017

Future Principal

I must admit. I do not know if it is this program has changed my mind of being a school Principal or is it the many responsibilities of the Principal that have altered my decision.Having the position of Assistant Principal is grueling enough, but having the weight of the world on your shoulders of being a school Principal is completely minding blowing. I ask myself when completing these 8 to 10-page papers for our classes, are we learning anything from what we are asked to complete?  In the stage that I am in as a professional and level of education, wouldn’t real world opportunities or application be better suited to build capacity with further building leaders? I understand that building Principals have to be instructional and researched based leaders, but what about things other than instructional practices Principals have to be well versed in knowing. I see myself being an Assistant Principal for awhile with no plans of taking the position of Principal. Building capacity amongst Assistant Principals to be  future Principals is not what it use to be-we’re getting left in the cold!

http://www.edweek.org/ew/articles/2015/01/21/maryland-grooms-assistant-principals-to-take-schools.html

-Copy and paste this link. Very interesting article on how Maryland is building capacity with their Assistant Principals.

Kiska

No comments:

Post a Comment