Thursday, July 27, 2017

Math Curriculum Planning

So, over the past few weeks, I have been settling into a new position.  I am currently, the new School Improvement Coach for math at my school.  I am really excited because I feel like I am getting to use my K-5 Math Endorsement at its fullest potential.  While this has been exciting, I did not realize how much I am actually in charge of the instructional infrastructure for mathematics.  I did not realize how much input I have about instructional decisions for mathematics.

I will say that has been very exciting... leading Curriculum Planning.  I have redeveloped the framework, scope and sequenced every unit for K-5 for the year, as well as laid out the structure to help teachers plan for the upcoming year.  We have gone through to learn the CRA model for math, decompose standards to have a better understanding of what the first two units of math are asking, taking the district assessments, revising the assessments, and developing what formative assessments we would like to use during the instructional pieces of the unit.  I am excited about this upcoming year!

No comments:

Post a Comment